Clan Malcolm
I was a 5th Engineering Officer with Clan Line who were owned by Cayzer Irvine.
Main Engine was a vertically opposed Doxford Diesel
This is the Clan Malcolm which I sailed on.
Destinations ( Old Names) were
Italy - Livorno, Genoa, Naples
Spain - Barcelona, Cadiz, Valencia
Germany - Hamburg
France - Marseilles
Gibraltar
Holland - Amsterdam,
Belgium - Antwerp
West Africa,
South Africa - Walvis Bay, Capetown, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban
East Africa - Laurenco Marques, Dar es salaam, Mombasa
Mauritius - Port Louis
India - Cochin, Bombay, Kakinada, Madras
Ceylon - Colombo
Suez Canal,
Aden.
SS Clan Malcolm (2) built 1957. 1979 sold to Panama, renamed Trinity Fair. 7,686 tons.
Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Line
Also sailed on the Clan Matheson
SS Clan Matheson (5) built 1957. 1978 scrapped. 7,585 tons.
This is the Clan Malcolm which I sailed on.
Destinations ( Old Names) were
Italy - Livorno, Genoa, Naples
Spain - Barcelona, Cadiz, Valencia
Germany - Hamburg
France - Marseilles
Gibraltar
Holland - Amsterdam,
Belgium - Antwerp
West Africa,
South Africa - Walvis Bay, Capetown, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban
East Africa - Laurenco Marques, Dar es salaam, Mombasa
Mauritius - Port Louis
India - Cochin, Bombay, Kakinada, Madras
Ceylon - Colombo
Suez Canal,
Aden.
SS Clan Malcolm (2) built 1957. 1979 sold to Panama, renamed Trinity Fair. 7,686 tons.
Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Line
Also sailed on the Clan Matheson
SS Clan Matheson (5) built 1957. 1978 scrapped. 7,585 tons.
Making Doxford Engines.
This is something I never witnessed as I was trained in light engineering.
This was when we were kings of the engineering world.
Below is a photo of the crankshaft manufacture for the main engine which was as big as two semi detached houses.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.